Josh White our agency director has been appointed to the first board of the newly formed F2F Alliance.
Launched on the 1st December 2021 and encouraged by ongoing conversations within the sector about industry standards, The F2F Alliance was founded with a vision for a face-to-face fundraising sector that is values focussed, that creates a safe and inclusive space for fundraisers and a fair deal for charities, agencies, and fundraisers alike.
Liam McEntegart, Chairperson for the F2F Alliance, says: “If we all work as one and all parties have a fair deal we will attract new fundraisers to the industry, improve industry support and raise standards. It is our belief that this will produce more meaningful outcomes for the many organisations that rely on public support”.
Josh is joined on the board by four other representatives from some of the UK’s leading professional fundraising agencies and says:
This has been a really enjoyable project to be a part, and now we are at launch I’m really excited to see what positive impact The F2F Alliance will have on our industry.
“Bright Future Fundraising was created as business to do good through our fundraising, the way we nurture our team and the standards we hold ourselves accountable.
I am really pleased to be working with like minded leaders of organisations who share the same values, and essentially as a group we will showcase best practice on a range of topics covering everything from fundraising standards to business methods. We really hope these goals strike a chord with colleagues in the industry and at this point I would encourage anyone from organisations who align themselves with The F2F Alliance values and standards to apply for membership.”
These standards include:
- Fundraisers of member organisations MUST be paid a fair hourly wage based upon the real Living & London Living wage and given a guaranteed wage for the hours that they work.
- Fundraisers MUST have employment rights including but not limited to sick pay, holiday pay, parental leave.
- Where agencies sub-contract said subcontractors must meet these same standards.
- Member organisations MUST have demonstrable professional development policies.
- Member organisations MUST have a fair and inclusive recruitment process that gives an honest representation of the F2F sector.
- Member organisations MUST have a workplace bullying & whistleblowing policy.
- Membership organisations commit to always abide by the Fundraising Code of Practice.
- Members are committed to the better business act