Perfect for: Regional Manager, Area Manager, Campaign Coach.
We're on the look out for our very first Performance Lead, an experienced face-to-face fundraising manager with demonstrable success leading teams across either door-to-door, private site or street.
We want our Performance Leads to be the ultimate leaders, full of energy and with bundles of charisma and personality. This role will define your fundraising career as you take accountability for your own hub of remote fundraisers, and for creating amazing supporter experiences through engaged and well-trained teams. As our first ever Performance Lead you'll need to wear a few different hats, and through becoming involved and getting stuck in to everything from delivering new starter training to strategising the launch of new campaigns; you'll have an amazing opportunity to carve your own career path and future with us.
You’ll be running your own fundraising operation
Our Performance Leads are charged with leading the delivery of successful campaigns across their territory/hub and are responsible for well, everything! And boy, do we mean everything. From the welfare of those working with you, to performance, standards, compliance, the supporter experience, and even accountability for the profit and loss; your area and teams are yours to own.
This is no office-based position and focuses on the front line, connecting fundraisers with supporters. You’ll be a visible leader, and on a daily basis will be out in the field creating a real buzz and excitement that has your teams performing at their very best. Through your leadership, your teams will deliver the highest standards of professionalism and fundraising best practice, and while you’re there to make sure that everything is just so; you won’t be afraid of getting stuck in, it’s how you’ll show everyone what good looks like and encourage them to follow your lead.
A role with responsibility
- Ownership of a geographical hub, leading a combined and remote team of between 8 and up to 15 Agents for Change and Fundraising Gurus.
- Ensure and deliver outstanding on-the-job training and the continuous coaching and mentoring of your team to deliver exceptional fundraising.
- Nurture the continuous development of your team, and their progression, specifically talent spotting Agents for Change for suitability as Fundraising Gurus and providing ongoing mentoring for Gurus to develop as Performance Leads.
- Take accountability for performance and delivery of results, including the profit and loss for your area/territory.
- Monitor all KPI’s across your area, evaluating and appropriately tackling any issues of underperformance.
- Monitor and maintain continuously high standards of fundraising compliance.
- Ensure that instances of conflict or misconduct are effectively managed in a timely manner.
- Create an inclusive and family culture, owning the welfare of your team.
- Interview candidates that are shortlisted and referred to you, making appropriate selection decisions.
- Consistently deliver effective and formal 1-2-1s and performance appraisals with your team.
- Effectively communicate with relevant stakeholders across our business.
The rewards and perks for doing an amazing job
Becoming a Performance Lead is just the beginning of an amazing career with us. From here you could side-step or take a secondment in a dedicated recruitment, training or account management position; or progress into a strategic role with responsibility for a particular fundraising channel or larger region. The determination and drive to do so is down to you, but rest assured we’ll support you every step of the way.
- Internal and recognised external training in fundraising, leadership and management.
- Opportunity for internal secondments and placements with selected charity and agency partners.
- Paid membership and subsidised training through the Chartered Institute of Fundraising Academy.
- 22 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays.
- Your Birthday off each year, paid.
- 1 paid day for volunteer leave every six months.
- Travel expenses paid.
- Contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and plenty more.
- Basic salary of £27,755 plus annual bonus of £2,000 if working in London.
- Welcome bonus of £2,000 following successful completion of your probation period.
- Rewards scheme: realistic OTE £36,000 - £40,000 per annum.
What makes you a leader with Bright Future Fundraising?
- No ego and no pretentions! You may be full of personality, but you’re down to earth too; great with people and a natural born leader.
- Passion for fundraising – you love fundraising, it’s a profession. The best part of your day is simply working alongside your teams, talking to members of the public and raising funds for some amazing causes.
- You take ownership – running your own hub is like running your own business, you take ownership when mistakes happen, and pass on the credit to others for great results.
- A commercial mind – you’ll be responsible for the profit and loss of your area, so a commercial mind with the ability to think ahead and see the bigger picture is key.
- Ambition – you’ll be an ambitious individual who wants to be part of our growth.
- Experience – you’ll have demonstratable experience of managing and developing fundraising teams.
- You put your team first – you never put your own needs before those of your team, and you know it’s the little things that matter – whether it’s a surprise cake for each of the team or simply checking in with everyone to see how they are.
- Everything else we can teach you!
Want to apply?
To apply for this role please send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for application is Tuesday 28th September.
Here at Bright Future Fundraising we like to do things differently, and that includes how you can apply for a role with our company. We don’t ask for long CVs but instead ask that you submit a video application. Please take a few moments to watch our short video below with instructions of what you need to do.
Send us your application video via WhatsApp
Submitting your video couldn’t be easier, simply send it via WhatsApp to 07821 128 385, and someone from our talent team will be in touch shortly. Don’t forget to provide us with your contact details too.