Perfect for: Team Leader, Senior/Experienced Fundraiser, Senior/Experienced Recruiter.
Our Gurus are more than just great fundraisers, they’re phenomenal at what they do, raising funds for amazing causes; but above everything else they’re passionate about training and supporting other fundraisers too. Throughout peak times in the year our Gurus will take responsibility for leading a small team, always leading from the front and making sure that no one is left trailing behind.
You’ll be leading by example
Our Fundraising Gurus are the backbone of our fundraising campaigns. Leading by example you’ll take responsibility for a small team; this role is all about creating amazing experiences for supporters and the team alike. Working closely alongside the rest of your crew, you’ll demonstrate all the hallmarks of an exceptional fundraiser, while training, coaching and supporting others, and ensuring the delivery of an amazing supporter experience.
By becoming a Guru, you have a great opportunity to develop your leadership skills and expand responsibility, and as you begin to gain exposure to what becoming a leader is all about, you’ll be supported on your journey completing various training modules, earning an increase in pay for each module successfully passed. As a qualified and experienced Fundraising Guru, you’ll begin to hone your leadership skills, and with additional support and training, we’ll help you prepare for your next role as a Performance Lead, with full responsibility for the management of a larger team of your own.
How you’ll be making a difference
- You’ll lead by example and work closely with a small team of Agents for Change, raising funds for our charity partners amazing causes.
- Provide on the job training to new starters, and continuous coaching to the rest of the team to ensure their continued development and achievement of results.
- Ensure the team know where they need to be and when, making sure that everyone is ready to start the day on time, and that all hours at any venue are sufficiently covered.
- Look after the welfare of your colleagues and promote an atmosphere where they love coming to work every day.
- Monitor the standard and quality of fundraising every minute you’re on site, ensuring compliance and coaching your team to deliver an outstanding supporter experience.
- Respond to issues as they occur, everything from timekeeping, to dealing with difficult customers, handling conflict within the team, and addressing instances of misconduct or poor fundraising.
- Liaise daily with your Performance Lead, supporting them with overall team management.
- Take seriously your responsibility for ensuring exceptional fundraising standards, driving team results, and ensuring the welfare and development of others.
- Five days / 35 hours per week.
The benefits and perks for being awesome
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. But we don’t just say this, we put it into action through the decisions we make. Whether it be supporting our team to progress in their careers, or through our spirited culture, we want our team to be buzzing with the thought of coming to work each day.
- Best in sector training - residential Guru induction and ongoing modular training – we’ll continuously develop your skills so you’re the best you can be.
- Bright Sparks development programme providing leadership training and further opportunities for progression.
- Paid membership to the Chartered Institute of Fundraising after 3 months.
- Subsidised training courses with the Chartered Institute of Fundraising after 6 months.
- Work placement opportunities with selected partners after 12 months.
- 20 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays.
- Your birthday off each year, paid.
- 1 paid day for volunteer leave every six months.
- Contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and plenty more.
- Team-spirited culture, within a supportive environment and regular team socials.
- Free lunch! (well okay, a food allowance, but that’s cool!)
- Up to £13 per hour (based on learning and development) plus additional £1 per hour London weighting
- Rewards scheme based on individual and team performance: realistic OTE £30,000 per annum (£32,000 in London).
What will make you an outstanding Fundraising Guru?
- Experienced and outstanding fundraiser – you’ll have past experience and proven results, always demonstrating the best in fundraising standards, quality and compliance.
- Enthusiastic and energetic personality – your energy for speaking with members of the general public will be infectious and will drive the team to do their best each and every day.
- Coaching and training – you have the ability to make a great coach, taking the time and tailoring your support for every member of the team.
- Results driven – you love a target and overachieve personally whilst setting the example and enable the team to achieve theirs.
- You have no ego! – We wouldn’t want a little bit of power to go to your head! You’ll remain grounded, easily approachable, great fun to be around, and are always there for your team.
- Responsibility and integrity – you’re the best ambassador for our brand and the charity’s reputation there could ever be. You take your responsibilities seriously and always own your mistakes.
- Confident and level-headed – you’re not afraid to tackle issues when they exist and know how to do so in the right way, escalating issues when appropriate.
Here at Bright Future Fundraising we like to do things differently, and that includes how you can apply for a role with our company. We don’t ask for long CVs but instead ask that you submit a video application. Please take a few moments to watch our short video below with instructions of what you need to do.
Send us your application video via WhatsApp
Submitting your video couldn’t be easier, simply send it via WhatsApp to 07821 128 385, and someone from our talent team will be in touch shortly. Don’t forget to provide us with your contact details too.